Luke 2:16-20 “So they (shepherds) hurried off and found Mary and Joseph, and the baby, who was lying in the manger. 17 When they had seen him, they spread the word concerning what had been told them about this child, 18 and all who heard it were amazed at what the shepherds said to them. 19 But Mary treasured up all these things and pondered them in her heart. 20 The shepherds returned, glorifying and praising God for all the things they had heard and seen, which were just as they had been told.
Ladies and Gentlemen, Friends and Family….
We are so excited that as of this moment, the only thing keeping us from France is our Visa appointment on the 31st of December. We can’t believe it. It’s finally here. Looking back on the past 2 years we are full of joy at the way our faithful Lord has proved His desires for our lives. I wish there was a way for me to reach through the screen and hug you, to look you in the face and tell you thank you. Maybe you have been reading our blogs because you stumbled upon our page or perhaps you are one of our prayer warriors, you could be a financial partner reading this….but regardless as to the specifics, the truth is that God put you here. You are here because you chose to listen to His promptings. Now please don’t stop!
We are so close to a huge transition in our journey. If ever we needed your prayers it’s now. Our teammates are still hundreds of miles away from us and going through schooling and culture shock.
- Pray that we would be able to bless them with a reprieve when we arrive.
We are bringing Lucas and Hosanna far away from anything they are familiar with, further than ever before.
- Pray that as parents, we will be sensitive to their needs during this transition. They will be surrounded by a language much different than their own, and just because children learn language faster, doesn’t mean a year in a different world is any less overwhelming.
Our families have parted with us over and over, first to college, then to Mexico, then to Dallas, and now finally to a more permanent mission field.
- Pray for their hearts to persevere distance, pray for their roles in the life of our family to develop well even over distance. Pray that they would be filled with hope and trust in God’s will.
Our marriage has had its own ups and downs over the past 6 years. We have had many big storms blow through and until this year we were barely hanging on. Thanks to some amazing mentors and counselors we are well prepped and ready for the coming challenges.
- Pray for our marriage to stay founded on Christ. Pray that we would draw closer to God and one another through culture shock.
We are moving to France as a language preparation for West Africa
- please pray for the people’s hearts to be readied, and that as we begin working with others who have been there before us that we would be sensitive to their team dynamics and adjust accordingly.
We have 1 year of language training, though it could be less if we learn quickly.
- Pray that we would absorb the language and culture around us and would learn the language well.
We have prayer partners and financial partners who have blessed us so much with this opportunity.
- Pray that their blessings would multiply the Kingdom of heaven, and that we would find the remaining 4% of support we need.
We have been given the glorious calling this Christmas season to follow Jesus to many different places around the world. May God’s blessings be evident to you this Christmas and through the coming New Year as He leads you in your own adventures!
Andi, Bart, Lucas and Hosanna
As this Christmas season continues, let’s not forget the incredible purpose behind the bewildering birth of a beautiful baby boy...
4 Surely he took up our pain
and bore our suffering,
yet we considered him punished by God,
stricken by him, and afflicted.
5 But he was pierced for our transgressions,
he was crushed for our iniquities;
the punishment that brought us peace was on him,
and by his wounds we are healed.
6 We all, like sheep, have gone astray,
each of us has turned to our own way;
and the Lord has laid on him
the iniquity of us all.